NIKRAD Digital Cinema Server NCSD-1000
The NIKRAD NCSD-1000 Digital Cinema Server is a hybrid server that brings D-Cinema features and amazing quality to just any screen by supporting DCI JPEG2000 SMPTE packages. It is aimed at all screens and projector settings including non-DCI E-Cinema and pre-show markets.
A hybrid server that does it all!
Standard D-Cinema package playback, modern formats such as HEVC up to 4K with HDR support, along with the good old E-Cinema packages, tuned to your projector requirements.
The NCSD-1000 hybrid cinema server is the first of its kind in the digital cinema world. The NCSD-1000 brings D-Cinema package support to any screen by playing DCI JPEG2000 @250Mbps, including the non-DCI compliant projectors, which brings the great DCI compliant quality to any cinema and dramatically reduces the total setup costs. NCSD-1000 provides superior reliability, amazing image quality and unmatched feature set and reflects NIKRAD’s 10 years of digital cinema server design and manufacturing experience. The new AnyDCP feature provides packaging support for virtually any media file, allowing distributors to play superior quality HDR enabled 4K media in modern formats such as HEVC x265 and color spaces such as BT.2020. NCSD-1000 also provides E-Cinema support by playing MPEG-2 @80Mbps and offers the highest level of security possible in a cinema server with HDCP link encryption, trusted device list for display devices, 128-bit AES encryption for content and 2048-bit RSA encryption for keys.
Not just another E-Cinema server, NCSD-1000 fully supports D-Cinema DCI JPEG2000 playback.
Color Space Configuration
AnyDCP You Want
Lightning Fast Startup
- The fifth generation and flagship of NIKRAD Digital Cinema Servers.
- Windows application UI which allows Playback Control, Shows Builder, DCPs and KDMs Management, Ingest Status, System Setup Maintenance and Log Viewer.
- Projectionist can request projector identification via Email, Phone, SMS, WhatsApp, Telegram and etc and setup new projectors in under a minute.
- Ingest unlimited DCPs and KDMs and Build shows while playing the movie on screen. This is a one click automatic and hassle-free procedure.
- All server features available and working while playing movies.
- The projectionist will be notified about expiration date of KDMs (five days in advance, on server startup).
- Play the movie within 25 seconds after the server is turned on.
- DVI-D/HDMI outputs with HDCP link encryption and VGA output for UI monitor.
- 8 channels analog audio output and S/PDIF optical digital output.
- Automation support through Serial, IP and optional GPIO (optional).
- Conforms to the MXF Interop and SMPTE Specification.
- Utilizes E-Cinema and D-Cinema specified MXF containers with 128-bit AES encryption for media.
- Utilizes proprietary AnyDCP NXF containers.
- 2048-bit RSA encryption for keys (Interop and SMPTE).
- 3 TB hard disk for media storage and 120 GB SSD for operating system.
- Multi language support.
- And many other features. Contact us for more information!
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10|
|Digital Image Output||DVI & HDMI with HDCP Encryption and trusted device list|
|Control Panel||Monitor via VGA with Keyboard and Mouse|
|Analog Audio Output||25-pin D-sub Connector for 8-channel Analog Audio Output|
|Digital Audio Output||S/PDIF optical digital output|
|Image Compression||MPEG-2: 4:2:2 & 4:2:0 up to 80 Mbps|
JPEG2000: 4:2:2 & 4:2:0 up to 250 Mbps
|Image Resolution||MPEG-2: Variable from SD PAL/NTSC to HD 1080i and 1080P|
JPEG2000: Processing up to 4K and up to 2K output
AnyDCP: Up to 4K
|Frame Rates||MPEG-2: 23.97, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 & 60 fps|
JPEG2000: 24 & 25 fps
AnyDCP: 23.97, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 & 60 fps
|Output Color Space||MPEG-2: Rec.709|
JPEG2000: Configurable XYZ, Rec.709, DCI-P3 and BT.2020
|Audio Compression||Linear PCM Audio|
|Audio Sampling||48 KHz and 96 KHz, 16 and 24-bit|
|Subtitles||CineCanvas XML Interop file format|
AnyDCP: Integrated media subtitles
|File Formats||MXF packaging for media files and xml packaging for compositions|
AnyDCP NXF packaging for virtually any media file, including but not limited mkv, mp4 (h264 and HEVC) and ProRes
|Storage||3 TB Enterprise SSD for media storage and 120 GB SSD for operating system*|
|Security||128-bit AES Encrypted Content|
Start/End Date control by 2048-bit RSA Encrypted Keys
|Projectionist Interface||LCD monitor with keyboard and mouse|
|Management Interface||Multi-function Windows-based Interface with Playback Control, Shows Builder, DCPs and KDMs Management, Ingest Status, System Setup-Maintenance and Log Viewer|
|Power Supply||100-240V AC 50/60Hz, 600W power supply|
|Operating Temperature||5 to 50 degrees C|
|Operating Humidity||10% to 90% non-condensing|
|Size||43 cm (W) x 17.8 cm (H) x 55 cm (D)|
4U Rack Mountable Unit
* Storage size can be increased based on customer preference.
** Technical specifications mentioned here are subject to change without prior notice due to continuous product development.